Thursday, October 8, 2015

Dollar General Haul: Clearance, Yes Please


This is a collective haul of all the clearance goodies I picked up from Dollar General in the month of September.  I went to 4 different stores, and a couple were really good to me.  Oh yeah!



Large Patterned Tins with Hinged Lids - on clearance - $.45

I thought these would be great to pack gifts in, because I really don't like disposable gift bags.  I like to give something that can be repurposed and useful again when I can.

3pk Small Plastic Bins - on clearance - $.15ea

Where else are you going to find bins like this for 5 cents a bin?  These are great.  They fit into my drawers perfectly.

Little Bird Figures - on clearance - $.37ea

I got these little dudes up in one of our windows.  They are just too stinkin' cute.

Glass Pots with Stands - on clearance - $.52ea

I just loved the way these looked and that the flat stands were fused to the pot itself.  I have them lined up next to my computer area with my various essentials in them.  The light hits them, and I feel a bit fancy.

Patterned Drinking Glass - on clearance - $.15

I thought this glass was so pretty, and it's very well made with thick glass.

Adjustable Storage Boxes - on clearance - $.15ea

The smaller ones came in a 2pk with 4 inserts, and the larger one came in a single pack with 2 inserts.  These are so great for organizing my craft crap.  I have already filled them all up with various jewelry findings and more.  They are also perfect drawer sized.

Flexible Storage Bin - on clearance - $.15ea

This is another one of those things that I wish I found 20 of instead of 2.  Haha!  These are so handy.

Tulips Bag Clips - on clearance - $.15

These are weird.  I thought they were regular bag clips, but they slide out or something.  For 15 cents, I'll figure them out and put them to good use.

Small Stackable Bins 2pk - on clearance - $.15

Why not just grab all the storage crap that they had?  That's what I told myself.


Green Dot Candles - on clearance - $.37 - $.75ea

These were definitely my favorite finds of the sales.  The large 18oz candles were $.75, and the smaller 5.5oz mason ones were $.37 each.  I'm still dancing.

Small Gift Box - on clearance - $.15

It's just a cute little box that is perfectly sized for gift cards and whatnot.

Metal Teapot Book Stand - on clearance - $.75

I picked up about 5 of these, because I think they will make good gifts.  I plan to fancy them up with some paint, personalization, and pizazz.  Oh yes.

Large Glass Butterfly Storage Canister - on clearance - $.45

This has a good quality screw top on it as well.  I wish I would have found some more.  These thick glass canisters are usually pretty expensive especially ones that are a quart capacity or larger.

Plastic Drinking Glass - on clearance - $.15

These were just cheap and cute which means I love them.  :)

Nail Polish - $1ea

I got Sally Hansen White On for $1 on clearance.  The other is Broadway Nails Gunmetal.

Lemon Blossom Foaming Hand Soap - regular price - $1.00

I am a total soap snob, and I freaking love this stuff.  I think it is just as good as the Bath & Body Works soaps I have as far as the formula goes.  I have bought 2 back up bottles already.


Heart and Star Handle Wire Baskets - on clearance - $.30ea

I thought these were so cute!  I picked up a few to use in organizing, as well as, to potentially make little gift baskets.

Wire Cutlery Holders - on clearance - $1.05ea

I took the handles off of these and have them on my office.craft desk.  They hold all my pens, markers, scissors, punches and more very well.

Large Wire Basket - on clearance - $.40ea

These are huge and quite sturdy!  I wish I would have found 10 instead of just 2. 


Tea Pot Clock - on clearance - $1.05

I already have 2 tea pot clocks in my living room, and three makes a beautiful company.  I think that I am going to try to paint it later on, though.  I am not about the bright blue of it all.  The facing is real glass and really nice quality.

Easter Stickers - clearance penny item - $.01

I found these crammed behind a shelf next to the bracket.  Whoohoo!

Sugar Skull Stickers - regular price - $1.00

I am doing a craft project for a friend coming up for someone who really likes this style of skull.  Some have googly eyes as well.  Nice.

Flower Seed Packets (not pictured) - on clearance - $.01-.05

Flower seed packets were 90%+ off.  That means I bought a crap ton.  Now, I am set for seeds for next year and so are all my friends and neighbors...whether they like it or not.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top