Friday, March 13, 2015

Dollar Tree Haul (With Reviews): New Solar Dancers, Yarn, and More


What can I say?  When I am near a Dollar Tree, I can't help but go in it.  Hauls happen to the best of us.

Video of this haul will also be up on my Youtube Channel (Spake With Twang) at Noon EST today.  


LA's Totally Awesome Fabric Refresher - Fresh Lavender Fields

I decided to pick this one up after the Crisp Linen one was pretty much a bust.  This one did perform much better.  Was it as good as Febreze?  No, not by any stretch of even the largest imagination.

The scent was pleasant, but it was not like a natural lavender that you would get with blossoms or essential oils.  It is more like a powdery artificial fragrance oil scent.  It was very nice, but it didn't last very long after I sprayed it.  I used a ton of it on my mattress before putting my new linen on, and it was gone in about 2-3 minutes.  I couldn't smell it at all.

I still have my eye out for the yellow Extra Strength variety with the sunflower on it.  It's supposed to be really good.  We shall see.  I will still continue to make my own, but I would love for one of these to work well so that I no longer have to.

Home Store Disposable Hot Cups with Lids - 5pk

Let's be real.  These aren't that great of a value compared to finding the larger packs on the name brand ones on sale at the grocery store.

These are great cups, though, and I didn't feel like making an extra trip.  So, thank you Dollar Tree for stocking them! 

Spa-Haus Hair Therapy Keratin Oil Conditioner

Oh, this stuff...

The whole hair care line was hyped up so much the moment it started showing up at people's Dollar Trees because of its resemblance to a higher end organic brand.  People were singing its praises and telling stories about how it cured all their lifelong scalp ailments.

Well, to me, it's crap.  It has the texture of runny snot.  It isn't moisturizing at all.  (To be fair, I do have dry hair.)  It smells like a cheap "unscented" conditioner.

You also have to use a ton of it since it is so thin. I had it used up after 4 uses and my hair is only about 4 inches below my shoulders.

I will say that it is better than V05 or White Rain, but it doesn't come close to drug store brands like Herbal Essences, Aussie, Dove, or Garnier.  I would pay an extra dollar to get something decent. 

Spa-Haus Moisturizing Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

I had high hopes for this one, because it smells like a fresh, minty paradise in the bottle.  It also has "moisturizing" right there on the front of the bottle.

The texture of it was like jelly.  It wouldn't soak into my hair at all so I could work it in which was odd, because my hair usually soaks up products like crazy.  It had a nice lather once I did get it going, but the scent didn't really translate out of the bottle.

It also made my hair so tangled and feeling like coarse straw which is something very unusual for me.  I also ending up using the entire bottle in 3 goes, because of the texture of the product.  I would never repurchase.  It just did not work for me at all.


Solar Dancers

No one is surprised that I bought these.  No one.

On another note, if you are reading this on the day I published it, they will be releasing 3 new ones today.  Dollar Tree needs to slow down.  Haha!


Stickers

I hope Dollar Tree will forever continue carrying awesome stickers.  I've been going through them like mad since I started a Youtube channel. 


Patons Theo Yarn

I finally found some yarn!  It looks like you took my dog's sheddings and balled it up, but I found some!  It is really soft, and I think it is going to make some great plushie project yarn. 

Iberia Plantain Chips

These were delicious!  They weren't too salty.  I would repurchase them again. 

Jelly Beans

It's that time of year again.  Don't judge me!  Also, the black jelly beans are my favorite.  I don't care what anyone says.  They are the star of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top