Sunday, April 6, 2014

CVS Trip: Better than Free after ECBs



This is for the ad week [4/6 - 4/12]

I did this in two transactions:

Transaction #1


[Suave Deal: Spend $12, get 4 ECBs (limit 7)](*)

(1) Moroccan Infusion Conditioning Hair Mask - $3.99
 - used: $2/1 Moroccan Infusion Product (from #radiantwishes sweepstakes)
(2) Moroccan Infusion 12oz Body Lotions - $3.79 each
 - used: (2) $1.50/1 newspaper coupons (expires today)
 - used: $2/2 body lotion CVS coupon
(2) Natural Infusions Conditioners - $3.99 each
 - used: (2) $1.50/1 printable coupons

[Venus Deal: Buy 1, get 5 ECBs (limit 1)]

(1) Simply Venus Disposables pack - $9.99
 - used: $4/1 any Venus CVS coupon
 - used: $3/10 razors, etc CVS coupon (**)

L'Oreal Revitalift Cream Cleanser - $7.49
 - used: $2/1 printable coupon
 - used: $3/1 CVS coupon
 - counts toward L'Oreal ECB deal

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub - $4.49
 - counts toward SavingStar rebate

 - used: 20% off CVS coupon
 - used: 14 ECBs (from last week and quarterly ECBs)

Transaction Total: $0 + tax [received 5 ECBs (Venus) and 4 ECBs (Suave)]

Transaction #2


[Zarbee's Deal: Buy 1, get 7 ECBs back (limit 1)](***)

(1) Zarbee's Seasonal Relief - $7

[CVS Antacid Flavor Chews Monthly Deal, Buy 1 (peppermint flavour), get 1.49 ECBs back (limit 10)]

(1) CVS Antacid - $1.49

[Nail Polish]
 - used: $3/$15 Nail Polish CVS coupon for the polish below

(3) Wet n Wild Mega Last Polishes - $1.99 each, B2G1
 - used: (3) $1/1 newspaper coupons
(8) Spoiled Nail Polishes - $1.99 (4 or more $1.74 each), BOGO1/2off
(1) Wet n Wild Wild Shine Polish - $.99
 - used: (1) $1/1 newspaper coupon

 - used: 9 ECBs from Transaction #1

Transaction Total: $7.94 + tax (received 7 ECBs (Zarbee's), 1.49 ECBs (Antacid), and 5-10 ECBs from Beauty Club in 48 hours(****))

----

So Total for both:  $7.94 + tax with 13.49-18.49 ECBs back for my next visit...Oh yes!

Notes:

If you are curious as to where to find the coupons I mentioned above, you can use a coupon database.  They are an invaluable resource and there are a ton out there.  I personally used the one at CouponLikeAMan (HERE) most often.

* - I went ahead and bought a couple extra products over the $12, because I have a butt load of the $1.50/1 natural infusions printables and I could get these for free.

** - This was loaded to my card somehow, and my cashier was awesome and suggested trying both and it worked.  Best cashier ever! This may or may not be allowed at your store.  I was so happy I didn't even know I had it.

There is also a great Venus Deal using the non-disposable razor.  You can use the $4/1 newspaper coupon (excl disposables) from the last P&G Brand Saver insert.  They usually run about $7.50.  So, use the coupon.  Pay $3.50, and get back 5 ECBs.  Even better if you get a 20% off email coupon.

These were wiped out at my store already this morning unfortunately.  I saw some lady with a cart full and several CVS cards.  Shady, Shady, and just plain discourteous in my opinion, but that's for another post. 

*** - This deal is regional.  So be sure to check myweeklyad on CVS.com to see if you got it.

**** - I was only $7 away from the 5 ECBs before this trip.  So, I'll probably get 10 ECBs.  Oh yeah!!!

Can I just say though that I should have bought 2 more Wet n Wild Wild Shines? Like, I could have gotten 2 more for just $.99 more.  Oh well...too concentrated on getting to $15.  Happens when you wing it...

Overall, I think I did pretty well considering I went in with a binder full of coupons and no game plan.  Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top