Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Coupon Trip: CVS


I ended up getting these beauties for $2.50 (plus tax.)  It was beautiful.  It was also great to coupon at CVS again.  I feel like I never want to grab any of the deals in their ads lately.

I actually bought this stuff on March 15, 2015.  So, this is from a last week's sales cycle.  I had a couple of people email me and ask me to post the breakdown since I did deals that come around all the time.  (I showed me buying this stuff in the 3-15-15 Haul Vlog on my Youtube Channel.)

I love seeing how people work their coupons.  So, even though it's a bit late, I'm game.

What I came to the store with:
  • 12 ECBs (that were expiring eeep!)
  • 25% off email coupon
  • $1 off $5 in cosmetics (I don't remember the exact wording) CVS coupon

I did this in 2 transactions:

Transaction #1:

[Sally Deal: Spend $10, get $4]

(2) Sally Hansen Miracle Gel  - regular price - $9.99ea

Total, before coupons: $19.98 (+ tax)
 - used: (2) $1.50/1 printable manufacturer coupons
 - used 25% off email coupon (took off $5.00)
 - used: 12 ECBs that I brought with me

Total, after coupons applied: $0.00 (+ tax)
 - received 4 ECBs back for the Sally Deal

Transaction #2:

(5) Pop-arazzi Polishes - on sale - $1.50ea

Total, before coupons: $7.50 (+ tax)
 - used: 4 ECBs from transaction #1
 - used: $1 off $5 store coupon

Total, after coupons applied: $2.50 (+ tax)

-------

Total for both transactions, before coupons:  $27.48 (plus tax)

Total for both transactions, after coupons: $2.50 (plus tax)

Savings: 91% :D

-------

I have learned to not leave with ECBs if I can help it, because they usually expire by the time I can make it back to the store.  (Or until they have another good ad week.)  Small town problems, y'all, small town problems....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top