Monday, July 27, 2015

Big Lots Haul: 20% Friends and Family Sale Haul


These are the items that I picked up on the 20% off Friends and Family Event that Big Lots had recently with some commentary and mini reviews.


Prices reflect the 20% discount.

Old Spice Wolfthorn Deodorant - $1.76

Somehow I, as the stockpiler that I am, didn't have a back up of my deodorant that was quickly running out.  I don't even know how that happened.

Big Lots just rolled out a huge P&G buyout section in most of the stores.  So be on the lookout for that.

Yes, I use Old Spice.  It works better than any "women's" deodorant that I've tried. 

Hartz Dentist's Best Dog Treats - on clearance - $.80

I hope these are good.  I couldn't pass them up for that price.  I'll take any excuse to spoil that ol' dog of mine.

Whale with Wheels Cat Toy - on clearance - $.80

This thing was so cute on the packaging, but it sucks.  It just sucks.

It has those wheels on the bottom that are on a lot of toys cars.  They are the ones that let you roll it backward until it clicks and then let it zip away.

It didn't work worth anything, y'all.  I even took the innards out and tried the wheels without the whale around it, and it still wouldn't work right.

My boy cat has fun attacking the plush whale carcass, though.  That's something, I guess.

Powerade - $.60

Powerade deals are popping up at all the grocery stores lately. Back to school is upon us.

Quaker Dino Oatmeal - on clearance - $1.00
Kashi Go Lean Oatmeal - on clearance - $.20
Quaker Chocolate Oatmeal - on clearance - $.80

Oatmeal for 20 cents?! Yes, please.  It was because the date on it was the day before we bought it.

Yeah, I'm not one of those people that is a slave to expiration dates.  I use my nose and common sense.  I think some people actually think that once the date on the box hits that the contents magically turn into garbage or something.  Makes no sense to me.  Haha!

Revlon Duo Packs - $2.00

The color metallics that I got were: Copper Penny and Gold Coin.

Gold Coin is a repurchase.  It is one of the best gold metallic polishes out there.  It is one coat and fabulous! (I actually have a swatch of it on my nail blog: HERE)

I was on the hunt for Copper Penny and was so happy that they had it there.  I think it will be perfect for Fall coming up.  Or just...whenever I want to wear it.  Dang it.

I also picked up a pack with the Post Trauma Treatment and the Gentle Cuticle Remover.  These are also a repurchase for me.  Some stores have these out of the packs and marked for $2.50 each. Luckily, I think they missed this one.

The Post Trauma Treatment is good on naked nails, but it doesn't make a good base coat.  I like it because it has a pink tint which makes my naked nails look much better.  I barely use cuticle remover, but I find this one to be pretty good especially for a buck.  It is very gentle, though.

Chow Mein Meals - $.68
Gluten Free Protein Bars - on clearance - $.24
Austin Crackers - on clearance - $.40
Quaker Rice Cakes - $1.04

Get all the food!  Seriously, Big Lots has some of the best snacks and other food items in my area.  They have the most interesting things.  I also forever thankful at all the special diet needs foods that they continue to carry 


Paula Deen Coconut Macaroon Large Jar Candle - $5.60

I, who hates coconut, bought a coconut candle.  Haha!  This one smells so great on cold that it even got me to buy it.  The scent is like straight up bakery coconut flakes.  It is just sweet, coconut goodness.

I am actually about half way through the burn, and it has had a light throw so far.  It seems to be laden with a lot of vanilla which is a known throw killer.  It does okay in my tiny bath room, but it is kind of disappointing so far.

Earrings - on clearance - $1.00ea

A dollar is my buy price for earrings, because I can get them for that price everyday on Shop Miss A.  I love these!  I've already worn two of them.  Big, dangling earrings always make me happy.

-----

Video of the Haul



Or watch on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uhqTg54cGM

----

*Not sponsored.  I kinda wish I was with how much I shop there.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top