Friday, July 24, 2015

Dollar Tree Haul: Back to School and More


I picked up a few things at Dollar Tree last weekend including some school supplies, nail polish, and some snacks for the dad.  :)



Monthly Calendars 2015-2016

The first one that I got in the geometric pattern above is your typical staple bound flat monthly book.  It starts in July 2015 and goes until June 2016.  It also has a few extra pages for year at a glance, emergency contacts, important dates, and etc.

The other one that I got with the 3 hole punched holder was disappointing to me.  I didn't look it over enough in the store before I threw it in the cart.  I thought it was akin to the flat desk top planners that they had last year.

It's actually a clear plastic pocket with the flimsy paper monthly pages inside of it.  You pull them out, write on them, and stick them back in there.  There isn't even a cardboard backing on the pages at all.  They are just stapled together.  I will use it regardless, but it just wasn't what I thought it was. 

Raffle Tickets - 250pk

I've only ever seen these in the giant wheel for around $10.  So, I was happy to find this pack.

They had 4 colors total: red, green, blue, and purple.  (That's what I remember anyway. I know there were four.  Haha!)

Inc R2 Roller Pens

So, one of the pens in this pack writes like a charm.  The other one just doesn't.  I can't say anything good about it.

I have been using the good one in my planner for the last week.  While it writes as smooth as butter, it does bleed through my pages a bit.  So, unless you have thicker paper than computer paper, you may want to steer clear of these pens.

Baker's Twine

I had been wanting some of this for a project, but I didn't want to pay the $3 and something I saw it for elsewhere.  Score!

Natural White Sensitive Toothpaste

My dad has been using this stuff, and it's been working for him for the last few months.  He used to use the prescription kind and the Pronamel kind before switching.  He has super sensitive teeth.  So, I hope this continues to work well.

Old El Paso Microwave Rice Meals

My dad loves these things.  They also have a lot less sodium than the Betty Crocker and the Progresso ones. 

Jim Beam Oak Barrel Smoked Peanuts

My dad loved these so much!  So, I went back to buy him more and they were all gone.

Argh!  I broke the first rule of Dollar Tree!  If you see it and want it, buy it!

Harvest Bounty Hiker's Mix - Peanuts, Sunflower kernels, and Raisins

My dad hasn't opened this one yet.  So, I can't speak to taste and all that.

I will say that the packaging is very messy.  There are pieces of the peanut hull stuck all in the crimp and little pieces of crud all over the vertical flap.  I hope it tastes good regardless.  I wish I would have looked it over better in the store.

Milani Nail Polishes

Left to Right:  
  • Gems
  • Power Periwinkle
  • Pink Flare
  • Blue Zoom
  • Sugar Cane
I'm so happy that my Dollar Tree finally got some pretty Milani polishes.  We've had the same baby poop green for months.  (And it's still hanging there.  Haha!)

You can see my swatch and live application of Power Periwinkle here:
http://www.sweetteaandprettypolish.com/2015/07/swatch-it-out-random-polishes-6.html

 ----

Video of the Haul



Or watch on youtube:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-iwNlcHy4I

----

*Not sponsored.  Were you surprised? If so, I got some beach front property on the mountain here for sale.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top