Monday, May 19, 2014

Nail Polish Haul: All $1 or Less

The nail polish fairies have been blessing me lately or something.  Essie, Nicole by OPI, and L'oreal polishes for a quarter?  I will take that all day long.

I will never again skip an opportunity to go to Big Lots or Kmart.



Dollar General



I have exhausted all of the Megalast selection at my CVS.  (They have not stocked anything new in months...poo. small town woes)  So, I have heard that Dollar General has exclusive polishes.

I found these gorgeous glitters for $2 each, but I had (3) $1 off newspaper coupons.  So, they were only a dollar.

From left to right:
  • Mixing it Up (D266)
  • On the 101 (D292A)
  • Club Caberet (D293A)
I honestly wasn't expecting much from these, because I have been brainwashed to believe a lower price means lower quality.  I have tried On the 101 so far, and it is the best glitter polish I have used to date.  I put one coat over a black base, and it just covered my whole nail with glitter.  No fishing or second coat needed at all.  Can't wait to try the other two as well.

Kmart (I hit the jackpot!)


Kmart had a giant bin up front when I walked in that had cosmetics in it that were covered in eyeshadow powder, spilled nail polish, and who knows what else.  (My hands and wrists were black by the time I was done digging.  I felt so bad for the cashier who rang me up too.  He was so nice about it though.)

What made me stop in my tracks and roll up my sleeves was that everything in the bin was marked $.25.  Twenty-five cents for Essie polishes?!  I'm digging!

I took the pics after I gave them all a good cleaning.  No one will ever know.

These are just some that I got.  (I put the rest up or gave them to friends, and I'm too lazy to go digging.  Truth.)


Left to right:
  • Revlon in Radiant (441)
  • Revlon ColorStay in Bare Bones (300)
  • Revlon ColorStay in Buttercup (100)
  • L'oreal Paris in Versailles Romance (310)
  • Essie in Good as Gold (941)
  • Essie in Mink Muffs (624)
  • Essie in Eternal Optimist (144)
  • Essie in Limo-Scene (056)


Left to Right:
  • Sally Hansen Salon Effects Polish Strips in Check it Out (240)
  • Jordana Nail Striper in Black Mark (501)
  • Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Snow Blast (01)
  • Nicole by OPI in My Jay or the Highway! 
  • Milani High Speed Fast Dry in White on the Spot (22)
  • Essie Nail Wraps in Sneek-E (020)

 

Big Lots



I have to admit that I have been missing out on the Big Lots beauty bargains.  I had no idea that they had such good stuff.  I think this will be my first of many bargain hunting trips in their beauty section.  I only paid a dollar for each of these.

Left to Right:
  • Maybelline Color Show Denims in Denim Dash (10)
  • Maybelline Color Show Denims in Styled Out (20)
  • Maybelline Color Show Shredded in Magenta Mirage (40)
  • Revlon ColorStay Base Coat (005)
I haven't tried these yet, but I can't wait to play around with them.  I was thinking of doing a gradient over a white or black base or even attempting a galaxy nail if I can muster up enough courage.

They also had a tons of Sephora by OPI polishes for $1.50 and Sally X-treme Wear for $1.  (They were colors I already have in my collection.)  They also had a few nail art supplies like rhinestones and whatnot.  Go Big Lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top