Sunday, November 15, 2015

Dollar General Haul: Deals, Clearance, and Cinnamon Cleaner :D


I had a couple of deals with coupons that I wanted to get from Dollar General while I was out.  They have been luring me in with those snazzy new digital coupons of theirs.  (It's working!  Keep the good ones coming.)

I also found some awesome clearance deals, some $1 items, and even a bottle of the cinnamon mop cleaner that I've been hunting for ages.



Fabuloso Cleaner in Cinnamon Sparkle 16.9oz - $1.00

I used to buy this scent all the time a few years ago, and it is still my favorite.  I have had trouble finding it ever since I ran out.  So when I found out they brought it back as a holiday edition, I started my quest for the glorious cinnamon cleaner which smells like melted red hot candy on 'roids.

I have gone to more than 10 stores over the course of 2 weeks, but it was not meant to be.  None of my crappy local stores had even one bottle until...

I randomly stopped in the 2nd crappiest Dollar General in my area to buy some cat food.  Bam!  There is was in all its one dollar deal aisle glory and in the smallest most pitiful bottle I've ever seen a mop cleaner come in.  I cared not and I put in it my grungy, dirty, and horribly discolored shopping basket.

It was the only one in the entire store.  So I was determined to buy it even when it leaked all in the shopping basket and all over me.  At least I smelled nice, I guess.

I hope to find tons more.  Oh yes.  Hopefully, I'll find some in larger bottles as well.  I don't even know if I could mop my tiny house with this pitiful amount.

Ajax Winter Citrus Burst Limited Edition - $1.00

This smells like a citrus dish soap.  I got sucked in by the pretty holiday edition packaging.  No one is safe.  It can happen to anyone.

Wet n Wild Megalast Polishes - on sale BOGO - $1.00ea

I haven't bought polish in awhile.  So, I couldn't pass these up for a buck.  I wanted to get some of the colors that I haven't seen before.

Homebright in Bowl Toilet Cleaner - $1.00

This looks like the Soft Scrub one that we've tried before.  We are low on toilet stuff.  So, I thought we'd give it a go.  I found it in the the dollar deal aisle and not the cleaner aisle.

McCafe 12oz Coffee - on sale - $5.50
 - used: $1/1 digital coupon
Price: $4.50

I've been wanting to try this coffee for quite awhile.  So, I thought I'd give it a go at this price.  I'm glad they included the ground on the promotion as well.  It seems like stores think everyone has a freaking Keurig machine these days.

Sweet Smiles Marshmallow Candy - $1.00

Dollar General has a lot of classic candies for a dollar like Dollar Tree does.  I thought I'd give some a go.

9Lives Wet Cat Food 8 cans - on sale - $.34ea ($2.67)
 - used: $1/8 digital coupon
Price: $1.67 ($.21 ea)

Who loves cheap cat food?  That would be me.  The outdoor ferals love this stuff.  I wish I could get my pampered indoor cats to eat it, too.

----

Now, some surprise clearance finds:


Various Hand Towels - on clearance - $.37ea

I love those cute little fox critters that they seem to put on all the fall stuff this year.  So, I couldn't resist these towels.  I originally thought they were $.50, but they rung up $.37.  Even better!

I don't know if I am going to use them as towels or to make pillows or a pet bed.

Canning Labels - on clearance - $.50

They had these and recipes cards on clearance.  I picked these up for crafts.  Too cute.

Scotch Mounting Tape - on clearance - $.45

This was my favorite find of the day especially at an extra 50% off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top