Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Big Lots Haul: Fancy Pet Food Finds


We got a lot of the same items and not that many different ones.  So, let's just get right into it.



Vita Gravy Skin & Coat for Dogs - $1.50

My dog is a stubborn and picky butt.  He turns his nose up at plain dry food and he is just too dang big for us to be able to afford a strictly wet food or meat diet.  So, we thought we would try this stuff.

My dog flippin' loves it.  I dump some dry kibble into his bowl and then make a big show of squirting some of this on there.  He just gobbles it right up.  Dumb dog.  :)

Revlon Colorstay Gel-Shine Top Coat - $1.50
Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat - $1.50

I had bought a couple of these a week or so ago to try out, and I absolutely loved them.  I was surprised, because I am a bit of a snob when it comes to base and top coats.

I will say that there is 2 drawbacks.  First, the base coat stinks!  This doesn't really bother me, because I am basically nose-blind to polishes at this point.  Also, the top coat is not fast dry.  I don't mind that, but a lot of people can't live without it.  It does dry to a glassy and nice finish.

Super Crackers 6pk - on clearance - $0.88

This crackers say that they are cornbread crackers.  So naturally a good Tennessee girl like myself has to pick a box up.  (Especially on clearance!)

I was so disappointed.  They just taste like Triscuits.  Where is the justice in this ol' world?!

Nutro Crunchy Treats Dog Treats - $1.50

I cannot believe all this fancy pet crap that Big Lots is getting in.  Most of it is priced very low, too.  Whoohoo!

I mean this is a fancy smancy bag of freakin' pomegranate dog treats for less than 2 bucks.

Nature's Recipe 2lb Grain Free Cat Food - $2.00

This was my favorite find!

I was very lucky in that this Big Lots was right beside of a pet store.  So, I was able to go and check out the retail price for this brand and...goodness!  The pet store had a 3lb bag for $17.98!

So, you bet your butt, I picked up every bag that they had of these at Big Lots that day.  My cats will be eating like a rich person's pets for awhile.  Oh yeah!

Premium Saltine Cracker with unsalted tops - on clearance - $1.00

This is the price at which we usually get the generic ones.  I like the taste of these better.  So, it made me happy to find these.  (And...yes, we prefer the unsalted!)

Mediterranean Snacks Lentil Crackers - on clearance - $0.75ea

I haven't tried this yet, but I love anything lentil.  I have hope!

Fisherman's Feast Beggar Dog Biscuits - $3.00

So, there once was a girl who got sucked into paying $3.00 for some dog treats by some snazzy packaging. 

I mean...look at the cute beggar dog!  He has a little beggar hat and a little beggar bag on a stick.  The back of the packaging has him eating a freakin' apple slice under a shade tree!  It even has a paragraph of him comtemplating his beggar dog life. 

Ugh!!! Petition for a Beggar dog movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top