Monday, July 14, 2014

Big Lots Haul: Friends & Family Day


Big Lots had their Friends and Family 20% off Event this past Saturday and Sunday.  I hit it up Saturday when it was the Buzz Card only day, and I got a lot of stuff.  I love Big Lots!

Before I begin, I have to point something out.  I checked my receipt when I got home, and I actually got way more than 20% off.  Each item had 2 discounts and looked like this on the receipt:

Sinful Colors Nail Polish
  • 1@ $1.95
  • Deal Discount Amt -0.39
  • Transaction Discount 20% -0.31
Making the final cost $1.25 and giving a discount of 35.8% instead of just 20.

I don't know if this was the same for everyone or if there was a glitch or something.  All I know is that I am not complaining one bit.  I know when to hush and just count my blessings. 

All of the prices below are:  [Original Price] -- [Discounted Price on Receipt]


Swisspers Cotton Squares 60ct - $.90 -- $.58

I usually use just plain cotton balls for my nail polish removal, but I've seen people around the web use these.  I thought I'd try them since the cotton ball fuzz can be annoying.

Bodycology Fragrance Mist in Sunshine Daisy 2 fl oz - $.25 -- $.16
Bodycology Fragrance Mist in Vanilla Cupcake 2 fl oz - $.25 -- $.16

I saw these and thought that they were perfect for adding to gift baskets or party favors.  Also, I was actually surprised at how good they are.  I did a spritz of each when I got home, and they smell amazing.  I bought 5 of each scent, but I wish I would have gotten more.

Nakamichi Tweezers 2pk in the Doll Design - $2.00 -- $1.28

I needed some more tweezers and these are just adorable.  They also had single packs with geisha designs and ones with girls in bikinis. 

I also have to add that these tweezers are amazing!  I always have trouble getting my other tweezers to grip the shorter stubby hairs (y'all know what I am trying about), and these grip right onto those suckers.  And...they are super cute!

Sinful Colors in Boom Boom 851 - $1.95 -- $1.25
Sinful Colors in Sugar Rush 1169 - $1.95 -- $1.25

Y'all know I was going to get some nail polish, right?

Fortunately, I went to the Big Lots in my area with the smallest beauty section.  So, I couldn't go too crazy.  

Swissco Pair of Exfoliating Bath Gloves - $1.50 -- $.96

I have seen people around the web talking about these type of gloves in their Dollar Tree Hauls.  I have yet to find these at the Dollar Tree near me, but $.96 is an even better price.  Score!  I hope they work really well.

Shower Caddy in Pink - $3.00 -- $1.92

I needed a shower caddy, because I am over maneuvering around my products while trying to clean the shower.  This is one of the better ones I've seen.  And...it's pink!


Sunbeam Embossed Scrubber Dishcloths 4pk - $2.00 -- $1.28

I found these in the clearance section, and they are just too cute.  I figured they would help us be more "environmental/green" in our household, because we use the thin disposable ones now.

It is hard to see in the pic, but they have an embossed fleur de lis pattern on the black side.  It makes me feel so fancy.

Everyday Classic by Morgan Home Kitchen Towels 2pk - $1.25 -- $.80

These are more like tea towels then traditional kitchen hand towels, because they are large squares instead of the long rectangle.  The solid towel in the back is a really pretty turquoise color.  There's also a chicken with a multi-colored tail feather on it.  What's better than that?

Aspen Easy Ware Heavy Duty Paper Bowls 50pk - $3.00 -- $1.92

My father loves using paper bowls.  This is a great price so I had to pick him up a couple packs.


Golden Harvest Band & Lids 12pk - $3.00 -- $1.92
Golden Harvest Lids 12pk - $1.50 -- $.96

I got some of these in my last haul and decided to get even more at a lower price.  Now, let's get canning!

Florida Crystals Pure Cane Sugar Packets 100pk - $2.50 -- $1.60

I love the large granular pure cane sugar in my tea and coffee.  It's probably cheaper by oz if you buy the loose sugar, but I prefer the packets.  I use way less sugar, and it's easier to keep track of the amount and calories. 

Gulf Pacific Brown Rice 1lb - $.80 -- $.51

It's brown rice for a great price.  What more can I say?

Hormel Compleats - $1.50 -- $.96

This is something else that my father just loves, but we don't usually get many because of the crazy amount of salt.

Well, just fyi, the green "balanced selections" and the kids meals have WAY less salt.  The traditional Compleats have 950mg+ and these have about 500mg.  (This particular flavor has 560mg.)  He loves these, and he says, "They don't salt him to death."


Old Mother Hubbard P'Nut Butter Bites Dog Treats - $2.00 -- $1.28

We are running low on dog treats.  So I thought I'd try these out especially since it is one of the higher in dog treat brands.

My old dog went nuts, or rather p'nuts, over these!  I will definitely be on the lookout for more.

Shed Ender Pro - $5.00 -- $3.20

During shedding season, the cat hair rolls like tumbleweeds through my house.  It's one of the greatest joys of having a long haired feline.

I had tried one of my friend's Furminator brushes and it worked alright.  I wasn't about to pay $40+ for one though.  I figured I would give this one a try.

(2) Scarves - $2.50ea -- $1.60ea

I know, it's 90+degrees outside and I bought scarves.  It is never too early to start grabbing holiday gifts.

The black and white one is actually a legit Pashmina scarf (tag and all.)  It is a large triangular scarf (don't know the fashion term), but it does have a small hole in it.  That is easily remedied with a needle and thread.  No big deal for a crafty gal like me.



Cisowianka Sparking Water 1.5L - $1.50 -- $.96

This was the biggest and most interesting water bottle I had ever seen.  I had to have it.  It's almost 2 feet tall.  Apparently, they don't mess around when it comes to their bottled water in Poland.

MexAmerica Tomato & Basil Tortilla 4pk - $.50 -- $.32

These were in the clearance because of the expiration date being close, but tortillas freeze wonderfully.  You just take them out about 15-20 minutes before you are going to use them, and you would never know that they were ever frozen.

Naan Bread 2pk - $1.00 -- $.64

This is another item that was on the clearance because of the close date.  We use these as pizza crusts to make personal pizzas.  They taste and work great.  And...they freeze beautifully.

Just take them out of the freezer and directly put you toppings on and bake at around 350f for 7-10 minutes.  They actually have way better flavor than the store bought pizza crusts.

---

Follow and Connect With Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top