Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Coupon Trip: CVS



My grand total for today was $1.78 out of pocket.  Yes, I still got it!


I did this two transactions.  I also came to the store with 10 ECBs and a 20% off email coupon.

Transaction 1:

[Sally Hansen Deal:  Buy 2, and Get 5 ECBs back]
  • (2) Sally Complete Salon Manicure in Snow Globe and Crown Jewels - reg price $7.99ea

Total Before Coupons:  $15.98

Used:
  • (2) $1/1 Sally Hansen Nail Color mfr redplum printable coupon
  • (1) 20% off CVS coupon (took off $2.20!)
  • (2) 5 ECBs

Total After Coupons:  $1.78 (Received 5 ECBs back)

---

Transaction 2:

  • (1) Just the Basics Single Paper Towel Roll - $.79
  • (2) Gold Emblem Starlight Mints 18oz - 2/$5
  • (1) CVS brand Shopping Tote - $.99
  • (3) Starbucks Refreshers (Not pictured bc they didn't last long, yum!)  - on sale 2/$3

Total Before Coupons:  $11.28

Used:
  • (3) $1/1 Starbucks refreshers mfr printable coupos
  • (1) $.79/1 Just the Basic Paper Towel CVS machine coupon
  • (1) $.50 off $3 of Gold Emblem candy CVS machine coupon
  • (1) 30% off CVS brand items and free tote bag CVS machine coupon
  • (1) 5 ECBs from Transaction 1

Total after Coupons:  $0.00 or Just Tax!!!
(I will also get a $1 rebate back on SavingStar for the Starbucks Refreshers.  Yes!)

---

BONUS!

I had my dad with me today, and he wanted to try his hand at CVS couponing.



He did this in one transaction, and he started with a 50 cent ECB.
  • (1) Just the Basics Single Paper Towel Roll - $.79
  • (1) CVS Brand Shopping Tote - $.99
  • (4) CVS Brand Unwaxed Dental Floss - $2.77 or 2/$5, $2.50 each

Total Before Coupons:  $11.78

Used:
  • (1) $.79/1 Just the Basics Paper Towel CVS Machine coupon
  • (1) $2 off $10 Oral Hygiene CVS machine coupon
  • (1) 30% off CVS brand items and Free tote bag CVS machine coupon
  • (1) .50 ECB

Total After Coupons:  $5.25 

I think he did great.  Especially since he's been going on and on about how he's close to running out of his unwaxed dental floss.  That variety is just hard to find on sale around these parts.  (He likes what he likes.  So what can we do?)

He's been couponing at the grocery stores for decades, but he is new to drug store deals.  Whoohoo!


Also, I know that I used my ECBs and didn't roll into new ones.  I do that sometimes.  I really have been eye-ing those polishes for awhile, and we needed some more peppermints.  So, I'm cool with it. 

If you just stick strictly to buying stuff that is on everyone's "must do" coupon shopping list, you will probably burn out and end up with a bunch of products that you don't really use.  Just because a product is free or the greatest deal doesn't mean it works for you or deserves precious shelf space in your house just so it can collect dust and contribute to clutter.  Just my two cents.  To each their own.

And...of course I got nail polish.  This is an addiction that won't be easily remedied at these prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top