Thursday, July 24, 2014

Coupon Trip: Kroger


I had a couple of $5 OYNO coupons that were expiring.  So, I had to head to Kroger to pick up some pretty good deals.  

Before we get started:
[Kroger Coupon Policy]    [Kroger Free Friday Download Page]

My Kroger doubles coupons $.50 and under.  Not all Krogers do this.  So, be sure to check with yours.

If you are curious about where to find the coupons that I mention below, you can use a coupon database.  I usually use the one HERE, but there are a ton that will pop up if you search for one.


(6) Honest Tea - on sale $1ea or $.69ea wyb 6 or more
 - used: (4) $1.50/1 printable coupon
Price: FREE *1*

Bolthouse Farms Smoothie - on sale $1.49ea
 - used: $1/1 printable coupon
Price: $.49

Zico Coconut Water - on sale $1.67
 - used: Kroger Free Friday E-Coupon
Price: FREE

Sunkist TEN 2-liter - on sale $1
 - used: Kroger Free Friday E-Coupon
Price: FREE


(3) Tai Pei Frozen Entrees - on sale 2/$4
 - used: Free product sample mailer coupon
 - used: (2) $.75/1 newspaper coupons
Price: $2.50/3 or $.83ea

Azteca Refrigerated Tortillas 10pk burrito size - $1.99
 - used: $.50/1 printable coupon
 - bonus: $.50/1 for doubling
Price: $.99

(2) French's Yellow Mustard - on sale $1.59
 - used: (2) $.50/1 newspaper coupon
 - used: (2) $.50/1 for doubling
Price: $.59ea


(5) Kraft Shredded Cheese 8oz - on sale $2.99
 - used: Kroger super sale x5 e-coupon *2*
Price: $1.49ea

(4) Milo's Kitchen Dog Treats (3oz) - on sale 2/$5
 - used: (4) $1.50/1 newspaper coupons
Price: $1ea (I also think that there is an Ibotta* rebate for $1.)


Cottonelle 12pk - on sale $5.99 or 2/$10 *3*
 - used: $1/1 kroger 3-coupon
Price: $4

Viva Vantage 6pk - on sale $5.99 or 2/$10
Viva Tough When Wet 6pk - on sale $5.99 or 2/$10
 - used: (2) $1/1 newspaper coupons
Price: $4ea

Scott Extra Soft 16pk - on sale $5.99 or 2/$10
 - used: $1.50/1 kroger e-coupon
Price: $3.50

Notes:

*1*

Kroger usually reduces down the coupon value to the purchase price.  (In this case, it would be $.69 per coupon.)

I checked my receipt when I got home, and somehow I got super lucky and it took off the full $1.50 amount for each.  I was very surprised, because they always beep and then get reduced.  So, this ended up being a $1.86 money maker.  I wish I would have picked up 3 or 4 more free teas.  

*2*

Most Kroger E-coupons can only be used once.  Occasionally, they have ones like this that can be used up to 5 times in a single transaction.  (Just one transaction, though.  Once you use it, it's gone.)

Also, shredded cheese freezes great.  I usually wait until it's a buck or less, but we're running low.  So, I stocked up and chucked it in the freezer.

*3*

This was when you buy 2 or more included items on the paper towel or tissue deal.  You don't have to buy 2 of the exact same thing.  Just look for the tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top