Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Coupon Trip: CVS


I needed some more of my favorite base and top coat, but I ended up getting more polish too.  (Isn't that always the case?)

The total for everything, if you count the ExtraCare bucks that I received from the transaction, was: $5.14.

I did this all in one transaction:

What I started with:
  • 9 ExtraCare Bucks
  • 30% off coupon
  • $4 off $12 cosmetics CVS coupon

The Goods:

[Sally Hansen Deal:  Spend $15, get 5 ECBs]***

  • (1) Sally Hansen Nail Growth Salon Strength Treatment - reg price - $9.49
  • (1) Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat - reg price - $7.49
  • (2) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Polishes - reg price - $3.19ea
  • (1) Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Polish - reg price - $5.49
  • (1) Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Polish - reg price - $5.49

(2) Maybelline Color Show Polishes - reg price - $4.29ea
(2) Packs of Novelty Paper Clips with Skulls - $1ea

Total Before Coupons: $44.92

Used:
  • (4) $1/1 Sally Hansen Nail Color Redplum Printable Coupons
  • (2) $1/1 Maybelline Color Show Nail Color Printable Coupons
  • (1) $4 off $12 Cosmetics CVS Coupon
  • (1) 30% off CVS Coupon (took off $10.78)
  • (1) $5 ECB
  • (1) $4 ECB

Total After Coupons: $15.14 (plus tax)

Received:
  • 5 ECBs from the Sally Hansen deal
  • 5 ECBs from CVS Beauty Club (in 48hrs)

Total after Coupons and ECBs: $5.41 (plus tax)



The names of the polishes I got, from left to right, are:
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pixel Perfect
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Shine On
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Grape Shifter
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Silver Anniversary
  • Maybelline Color Show in Gilded in Gold
  • Maybelline Color Show in Emerald City

Notes:

***You could count any combo of the Sally Hansen items as the deal items as long as it adds to $15.  (I bought extra stuff, because I'm obsessed with polish like that.)

If you wanted the maximum deal, you could get (5) Xtreme Wear Polishes @ $3.19ea ($15.95)
  • Use the 30% (Check your emails.)
  • Use the $4 off $12 (It prints for all card members this week.)
  • Use (5) $1/1 Sally Hansen Nail Color (Redplum.com; in some newspapers too)

Makes the total for 5 polishes: $2.17 or $.43 each (Plus you get 5 ECBs back!!!)

Even if you don't have a percent off coupon, it's still a good deal.  Five polishes would be $6.95 or $1.39 ea, and you would still receive the 5 ECBs.

I would have done this even though I only had (4) $1/1 coupons, but most of the colors they had were that I already have similar in my polish collection.

I also went ahead and did them all in one transaction so I could use the 30% off on all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top