Friday, June 13, 2014

Bargain Trip: Big Lots Haul


I got another $5 off $15 coupon for this week from my Buzz Club rewards.  So to Big Lots I went...


They actually had the beauty section pretty much broken down for a total reset.  So, I wasn't able to really dig through any nail polishes.  (My wallet is thankful.)  I did find some great stuff from all around the store though.


Good Earth Tea Cocoa Tango (18 bags) - $1.80

I actually bought this last time I was at Big Lots, and I am obsessed with it.  It's one of the best bagged teas that I have had.  It tastes very chocolatey when you first sip it.  Then, you get some real warmth from the added chili pepper.  I bought the last three they had, and I'm not even sorry.  I would have bought 10 if they had it.  So good!

70% Rubbing Alcohol (1 qt) - $1.75

My father uses this to make one of his homemade cleaners.  He says that it's a great price for 71%.  I have no idea, so I believe him.

Cori' Extra Virgin Olive Oil (17 fl oz) - $3

Crazy good price on high quality olive oil and the expiration date is not until the end of 2015.  Nothing more to say really.

Just My Size Underwear (3pk) - $4

I actually went to this Big Lots the day before and picked up (2) 3-packs of the hipsters.  I was so impressed by how well they fit and felt that I went back today for more (armed with my coupon.)  It's just so rare, especially when you are plus sized, to find something affordable that fits so well. 

This was the only pair left of any variety out of a whole wall display full.  It was the brief and the packaging was jacked up, but it was in my size.  So, I figured it was destiny or something.  On walmart.com, these are well over $10 a pack.  Such a good deal on something that you can't really coupon down.

Before they sold out, they had hipsters and briefs ranging in sizes 1X-5X.  They are actually in cute colors as well.  So, keep an eye out if this is something for you as well.  :)

Diamond Cosmetics Fun Block Nail Buffing Block - $1.00

I have one of these already in a different design.  The package says that it's a fine grit.  I have to disagree with that unless I'm just a wuss when it comes to nail blocks/files.  I use these when I have to file or smooth down quite a lot and fast.  (Maybe it's because I only work with my natural nails?)

They work great and are cute.  Just don't think that they are fine or gentle unless you are using them to buff down acrylics.

Price of Peace Premium Oolong Tea (100 bags) - $3.20

If you've read my other post, you know that I drink a ton of tea.  Oolong is one of my favorites, but it is hard to find in ol' middle of nowhere Tennessee.  Also, you never find it in a large quantity or for this cheap. 

It's also authentic Chinese tea.  The box is mostly in Chinese and everything.  (It makes it seems kinda fancy at least to me.)  It should be good especially for $.03 a bag.  Yes!


If you saw my last Big Lots haul post, you know that I got a ton of Renuzit air fresheners for $.33 each or 3pks for $.99.

Well, my Big Lots got even more in with different scents and everything.  Whoohoo!

So of course, I picked up enough to scent an entire baseball stadium.

Mandarin Lemonade

Smells very clean and perfect for my bathroom.  It is great for fooling visitors into thinking that you are a responsible adult that keeps a super clean bathroom at all times.

Evergreen Woods

Pine tree in an adjustable cone.  Fabulous!

Apple Cinnamon 

Apple pie without the calories.  Who am I kidding?  I would eat an apple pie while sitting beside this thing just to have a double pie experience.  (Already added to bucket list...)



The singles for $.33 each

Varsity Vanilla

Smells like vanilla ice cream tastes.  Yes!  Still not sure how that relates to football, but I'm going with it.

Haunting Potion

I don't really know how to describe this one, but it's great and wonderfully fragrant.

The first time I smelled it, I thought that it had a hint of melon or kiwi to it.  Now, it smells more clean-like.  So, like a squeaky clean green fruit?  I'm terrible at this...

Lavender and Violets

Smells very floral and clean.  I'm a lavender junkie, but I can't smell even a hint of lavender.  It's really nice and clean though.

---They had tons of other scents as well.  These were just the ones that really liked.

Note:  They had other Renuzits as well, but they were $.90 each.  Most of those where the black ones with dessert scents.  So be careful of that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Back to Top